Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

unsure if im ovulating? cycles getting shorter!

Before I start I will tell you that I have pcos and I have 3 children all conceived naturally,the first was when I was just 18 and missed a pill! The second we tried for for 22 months and the third was one night of passion when the second was only 9 months old! I am well aware that with fertility issues (me and the other half)  I am very very blessed to have my 3 boys,but in my heart i would really like a fourth. 

Anyway I had my implant out last Nov and then had 28 day cycles up until April,then it was a 39 day cycle,then a 26,and this month 25! What does this mean? I've never experienced them getting shorter so I'm confused. Looking at getting the new clear blue advanced monitor to see when ovulation is occurring if at all!

Anyone with pcos experience cycles getting shorter?

Replies

• Depending upon your age it could be down to either the effects of coming off the contraception or it could be the early stages of menopause (cycles can shorten/become irregular & your bleed may become heavier/lighter/longer/shorter also). A quick chat with your GP could help determine what is most likely occurring. Best wishes & good luck. X

• Thank you for your reply. I'm 27.

I've got a doctors appointment Friday to request some blood tests to see what's going on.

I've experienced cycles getting longer quite a few times with the poly cystic ovaries but shorter is very strange. Xx