Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Want to ask an expert a fertility question? We're running a Q&A session

Hello everyone!

Just in case you hadn't spotted it already, we wanted to flag up to you that we're running a Q&A on fertility and conception with an expert gynaecologist and obstetrician.

So if you've got anything you want to ask or you need some advice, please just go here and post a question.

We're keeping the thread open for questions until the end of the day, and then we'll send all the Qs off to be answered. And as soon as the answers are in, we'll post them up on the thread for you.

So, go on - now's your chance!

Replies

• Options

Hi,

We've been TTC for 10 months. I came off the pill in August last year and since then have had very irregular periods. Long story short I decided to go to the GP in December who sent me for some blood tests. They came back normal so no further action was taken at that point. 3 months later and still no period, I went back to GP and she referred me to gynaecologist who sent me for more blood tests and a scan.

At the scan the Dr told me my fallopian tubes were fine (phew) but that I had polycystic ovaries. I asked if that meant I had cysts on my ovaries but she said I didn't. So… I looked online to find out exactly what that means and most information says I can only be diagnosed if I have cysts, high levels of male hormones and irregular periods and I only fit one of those categories according to the tests so far. So what did she mean? I have to wait until August to see the gynaecologist and I'd like to know what to expect. 

Can anyone shed any light on how my dr came the conclusion that my ovaries are polycsytic? Does that mean I have PCOS? Also can anyone suggest things I can do in the mean time to improve my chances of conceiving? I'm not over weight although I have put one some weight since stopping the pill.

Any help/advice/ support is welcome! image

• Options

Hi Blue_piggy. Thanks for you post.

We're really sorry but the Expert Q&A thread has closed to questions now, so our expert won't be able to answer your question.

However, there are lots of folk who visit this forum topic regularly who know an awful lot about PCOS. Can we suggest that you start a new thread and copy and paste your question into it?

We're sure someone will come along and help you out.

Hope your TTC journey is successful very soon!