Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Possible to be pregnant after first month taking metformin?

I found out that I haven't been ovulating due to PCOS, and my cycles range from 33-45 days. I've been taking metformin for only a month now. I've been charting my temp on FF and it predicted O on Jul 4! I was so excited to see that image So I am now 16dpo and it predicted af should have come two days ago. I don't have any symptoms at all (af or otherwise). I'm wondering if I should wait a little longer to test because of my history of long cycles, our if I should just go ahead and do it. Has anyone gotten a BFP their first month on metformin? Or am I getting my hopes up??

Replies

• hi didnt want to read and run, iv never been on Metformin so i really dont know.

I think it should be down to how you feel, if you feel like testing go for it, but if you have had long cycles in the past then many be hold of a few more days, i wish you luck and hope you get a bfp soon xxx

• Thanks Sarah...I think I am going to wait a couple of more days. I would rather have af show up before getting another BFN.
  • i can understand that feeling, there is nothing worse than testing early and getting bfn xxx