Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pcos gyno vs natural options?

First time poster. Hi everyone I'm 28 and during during the last year have found out I have pcos, hashimotos thyroid it is and MTHFR 677 gene mutation. had night sweats, hormone issues etc which lead to all all the blood tests revealing these results. we got married four months ago and want to start trying for babies. I have been advised by fertility clinic to start ovulation with clomid 50mg as since coming off the pill in in December I have had 3 periods, between 50 and 90 days, I'm. up to 88 days again! I am on thyroxine 75mg for my thyroid. hypothyroidism but my dietician is recommending I take natural remedies and reduce my. work load and stress to naturally ovulate. I know what to do and who to believe. it's natural vs medical. please share your opinions and stories. I don't want to waste time if there's little chances of naturally conceiving but I'm about complications with fertility treatments help!!

Replies

• Hey there image

I am newly TTC, am 24 and have PCOS too. Like you, I'm so worried about what the future holds for me with babies etc... and am also a little confused about Natural vs Medical.

I do think it comes down to what you feel is best for you. I have read so many stories about women getting lucky with Metformin and Clomid, yet I have read just as many success stories with women taking Royal Jelly, exercising and getting acupuncture.

In my opinion, if you do go the natural route (which I think I would like to do) then you have to be strict. Make sure you take your vitamins each day, make sure your exercise each day and try to stay away from foods that will help the PCOS to thrive (eg Sugar).

I am sending you so much luck as I am writing this message, I feel the same way as you.

Don't worry yourself sick about the future, because that will affect you right now.

"If you insist on predicting the future, why not assume the best"

xxo

• Thanks for your support and thoughts. I'm taking my supplements but haven't heard about reducing sugar or royal. Jelly. what is that?
  • Sugar is said to be one of the number one problems with pcos. So as hard as it is, it will do you well to reduce your sugar intake. I learnt that apparently if your blood sugar levels rise, it can make your hormones work overtime also so the hormones that it is already making too much of can go into over drive.

I'm not too sure how factual that is, but I have been told by a few different doctors to reduce sugar intake.

Royal jelly is just a supplement from bees and apparently is good for when you are TTC as it has lots of vitamins etc in it. I have read alot of good stuff about it on other forums (:

You could try acupuncture (:

Good luck xx