Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Pregnancy with no periods?

Hi Ladies, I am new to this, I have been reading through some of the threads around PCOS. my situation is that I was diagnosed at 17 with PCOS after a scan and virtually no periods. At the time the doctor told me that I would struggle to have children. I have been so negative about it since. In fact I have tried not to think about becoming a mum so I don't get hurt if it never happens. I am now 25 have a BMI of 26 (so I am currently trying to loose weight) and  I am married. we have been ttc for the last 3 months. I am quite pessimistic about our chances to be honest.

Can anyone share any good news stories if they have had virtually no periods and still managed to conceive? All the stories I can see are irregular cycles. Anyone like me with virtually no periods at all who has managed to kick start their ovulation?

Replies

• i have pcos and wasn't having periods i started on herbal and also reflexology i started having periods but not ovulating how that works i don't know but its what the doctors told me i continued with the reflexology and i really think that helped i lost a little weight and was sent t the fertility clinic and was put on metformin due to go on to clomid but found out i was pregnant , i was so busy at work and not thinking about it and it happened. i would try not to stress about it and  try herbal / reflexology and see how you get on. 

• Hi KD3, Thank you for your reply. Hope you don't mind me asking a few more questions? How long were you without your period and what herbal remedies did you take? That's really interesting about reflexology, I have heard of Acupuncture being linked to pregnancy but not reflexology.