Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

I recently came off the pill 7 days ago. Could I be pregnant?

Hello, I'm new to this website so I would really really appreciate if some of you could help me out.

I'm going to be really honest here so please no nasty comments.

I've been on the pill for about 2 months, I started this to help me with numerous things and obviously one of them was for contraception. Recently I came off this due to my doctor telling me to take a break (as per an illness I had last week). I was advised not to start the pill again for a while until I had spoke to her again just until I was feeling better. 2 nights ago me an my partner had unprotected sex, I know it's stupid because I was off the pill but I guess you could say it just slipped our minds because I'm used to being on the pill. I thought afterwards as it had been 5 days then I would still be protected but I am not so sure. I also finished my period 2 days after I stopped taking the pill.

Is there a chance I could be pregnant? 

Thanks in advance for your responses and again, I know it was silly but please no nasty comments xx

Replies

• Hi LilyRoseton 

Welcome! 

So you had sex 7 days after af finished? It's a tricky question coz as you said it can take a while for the pill to "wear off", every women's cycle is different, you ovulate at your own time, and pill effects are different for every women due to cycle etc. My initial thought is it's unlikely but possible. (pregnancy has been known to happen to people on the pill and taking antibiotics, for example, so it can happen). I'd keep track of your cycle just incase and maybe ask your GP if your anxious in a few weeks time. I hope I helped!

• Thankyou so much for your reply Purplerainbow87.

I was thinking maybe it would still be in my system so I would be ok but it's worried me slightly. I am yet to notice anything different or feeling different so I guess only time will tell. Since that day I have felt a lot more tired but I'm not sure if it's due to that or something else.

Again thankyou for your help though, hopefully we will find out soon.. image