Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

period every month but not ovulating?

Im 30, DH and i are ttc #1 for a little more than a year now. My period cycles have always been regular +/- 3days all thru out my 20s. However in the recent 3-4 months, its become irregular with cycles as early as 22 days all the way to 47 days. The gynae mentioned that my ovaries are 'polycystic in nature' which I assume it must be pcos. My qtn is, can I still be ovulating monthly if I have my period monthly, albeit a little off track? Been dtd every other day but no luck image 

Replies

• Options

I find it infuriating that so many people can look at a post and not bother to respond. Bring back mumdrum where everyone at least said 'I can't help but hopefully someone will'. Sorry about rant but it winds me up. As for your question, do you use opk's? That can help to see if you're ov'ing or not. I'm in a similar boat been married and ttc#1 for 11 months now, periods started off OK for first 3 months after coming off pill but then I didn't get a positive opk for 6 months! And periods kept getting longer I had a 52 day cycle a few months back! So we went to Dr's who sent me for bloods and DH for SA. DH been dragging his feet with SA but he finally goes this week, will get all results in a couple of weeks. Sods law though that I get sent for bloods and past 2 cycles I got positive opk's! No BFP yet though image so you're not alone hun I feel your frustration, apart from I haven't had tests (yet) for pcos. I would suggest start using opk's if you haven't already, and as you've been trying for over a year plus you've been diagnosed with pcos with not really much support or explanation from your gynae, I think you should go to see your GP. He/she should hopefully be able to shed some light on what your gynae said and hopefully refer you and your DH for tests. Hope this has helped and sorry it turned into a bit of an essay!