Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Very faint line

Hi, I have never put anything on here - we have been trying to get pregnant for about 6 years now with no success.  i can't start ivf until i have lost weight.

This month i have had spotting half way through the month and what i can only describe as dirty looking blood.

I have this again today but only slightly.  both times enough to put a pad on but no clear blood.

I took a test this morning as 1 app said i was 2 days overdue and 1 app says tomorrow.   

last month i was a week late but this sometimes happens.

I used a basic tesco test and there is a very faint line (and i mean faint!!).   Not sure what to do - get a proper test - better make or not as with my past feel like i am looking for something that isnt there!!!

Replies

• Thats definitely positive, mine looked like that when i was 3 days before my period was due, and now im nearly 11 + 3 weeks pregnant, i would do another cheap test to make sure as the line should be darker, and then do a digital to confirm as you need high levels of hcg before a digital will pick it up. ( i should say though i ended up doing 7 test 5 cheap 2 digital until i was convinced haha) good luck!! x

• Oh wow so happy for you that a definite positive try a first response or superdrug own next as those tests are more sensitive , good luck:) x

Got a superdrug one and this is what happened

• definitely pregnant!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

• i feel weird and sick with nerves.

i have an appointment with midwife on monday morning to check all right.

think i might do another 1 tomorrow to make sure as i still don't believe there is a line there!!!  

• Haha it will take ages to believe it, even now i question it even though ive just started to get the hint of a bump had morning sickness for nearly 6 weeks,extreme tiredness etc but i still don't believe it at times lol. Got my 12 week scan on Tuesday, once i see my baby i think i will truly believe it.

Congratulations again, you must be ecstatic after 6 years of wanting this!!   

• yes i am excited but nervous. waiting for hubby to get home!!!. congrats to you to.  xx

• That's a really dark test line!! Congratulations xxx

• Thank you so much for posting this. I'm right there with you in the several many years of ttc category (I have endo, but I've have 1 mc so I know pregnancy is possible), so reading this has really buoyed my confidence. :D

CONGRATULATIONS!