Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fertility and long term STI

Please no harsh answers

I only today found out that I have Chlamydia. I am sure that I picked this up from an ex about 2.5 years ago. Which means I have had it all this time and undetected. I have had no symptoms, no pains, absolutely nothing. I only decided to get tested as I had not been to the clinic since before my ex and it had been a while. I feel so stupid as my ex told me he was all clear and of course I believed him! The doctor told me because I have had no symptoms the chances are that I will have little scarring and the infection will not be actively causing lots damage. She said I  should not worry as she has seen people who have had chlamydia for years (more than me) go onto have children. However I have been researching online and I am scared. Has anyone else had an STI as long as this and gone onto have healthy babies and pregnancies? I know theres threads already available to read but please I need some reassurance. Thank you x