Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to conceive with PCOS

Hello all,

I have been really struggling with this & needed to hear from a group of women who have similar issues, hopefully this thread may settle my stress about it all.

I have done extensive research on PCOS & have seen so many doctors.. But this is my story in a short. 

I am 26yrs, & have not had a regular period since I was 13 yrs old. I had my period for a year as a 13 yr old & it stopped completely until I was 16, I spotted for one morning. & it went away completely once again until a couple of months ago, Sept this year, I had a full 6 day period. 

Now, many of you are probably asking what my doctor said to me in terms of my period going away. 

I had gone through a traumatic event when I was 13, he said the lack of period was do to stress... At 21, I had developed an eating disorder due to PTSD, he again blamed my lack of periods on stress & the eating disorder. After years of physicals, & examinazations I was never told I also had PCOS & just recently found this out actually. 

Ive been trying for over a year to conceive. But due to my doctor being consistent with his 'stress' response to why I'm not conceiving, I am officially done listening to Him. 

now ladies, I am so completely disappointed with this overall situation & am going insane trying to conceive. I am interested in something to help me. I am reading about Clomid being amazing, but I need your opinions ladies. What can I do at this point? I am needing guidance & am struggling mentally going through this on my own. 

I'd love to hear your opinions. Thanks so much.