Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is it too soon?

Okay soo I have PCOS, irregular periods etc.. Went through the Provera... got my period... Did the cycle of Clomid... Then did the ovulation test.. In the am it was negative but I read to test again at night due to PCOS causing my hormones to jump so much throughout the day... Did that... Now we are in the 2 week horrid waiting time... I supposedly ovulated 8 days ago.. Is it too soon to take a urine test at home? 

Replies

• Options

Hey, 

i have just had a clonid baby, so just wanted to say hang in there it does happen. i too have pcos and irregula period. My first daughter was a lovely surprise and concived naturally. My second as I say was through the clomid. Think it was my 4th cycle after having a month break I caught. I was having scans and when I ovulated we just did it everyday lol to much info, I tested 3 days before my period was due and got a very very faint positive then the day my period was due I took a digital and was 1-2 weeks pregnant.

How did you feel on the provera? They sent me completely mental!!! After the 3 cycles didn't work I decided I'd had enough. I had a natural period and decided to start another cycle and it worked. Do you have scans? Try and stay positive I know it's heartbreaking but it will happen. Xx

• Options

And yes I would test just get lots of cheap ones then a digital on the day of your period would be due. 

• Options

Sorry forgot to say good luck hope you get your bfp sprinkling baby dust to you. 

• Options

Provera was fine and no I don't get scans.. 

They ad me do 10 days of provera 

6 days later I got my period

on days 5-9 of my period I took the Clomid 50mg

on day 12 I was supposed to take a at home ovulation test and the morning one showed negative then the evening one said I was at my peak.. 

Baby danced days 11,12,13,14

dr said 16 days after a positive ovulation test to get a blood pregnancy test and that is this coming Monday (currently at day 12 of the waiting time) 

• Options

That's completely different from my treatment. I wonder if where you live conduct different practises. 

I took the clomid on the second day of my period. I was always given scans between day 12-14 in the cycle. 

i started on 50mg then went up to 100mg after the first cycle didn't work. I also had blood test to check if I had ovulated. 

I would take a test. The first test I did I got a very faint line I could hardly see.

Really hope it works for you. 

Please let me know how u get on. X

• Options

So far yesterday and today have both been negative