Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ladies please help. worried sick.

So basically September 2014 I found out (whilst with my current partner) I had chlamydia through a ex boyfriend who had cheated on me. I got treated thou and a couple of weeks later was in hospital due to abdomen pain they diagnosed me with PID. Since then me and my new partner have been trying to get pregnant. I've just read online that PID can cause infertility if untreated  (obviously mine was untreated for some time before I found out) I am sooooo upset ! Worrying myself sick that a stupid ex boyfriend may have ruined my chances of having a family. Also why when I was hospitalised was I not told of the complications of this!! Has anyone had PID for a amount of time and fell pregnant? Please help.

Replies

• Options

Best thing is to make a doctors appointment and get checked out medically 

• Options

Doctors didn't tell me either! My research suggests that most women who have had one infection of chlamydia/ PID go on to have normal conceptions and pregnancies. It also says that the infection can cause tubal damage, not will. It's repeat or undiagnosed attacks (in most cases this would constitute years rather than months) that run risk to significantly reduce your fertility. Having said that, everyone is different- some may experience damage after a small amount of time, whereas some may go years undiagnosed and several attacks without a whiff of real damage. The only tests that can assess tubes is HSG- or better still, a Laproscopy and dye test.

We are starting TTC after this period, and my mind has been swimming with scares and regrets. It's easy to read 200 good stories but only really hold on to the 20 that were bad. There's lots of reassurances that conception is possible after chlamydia and PID, and a number of the women who have said they were successful had the infection for longer than me, or had it more often, or more intensely.  I find this reassuring! Hopefully you can too. 

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.