Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Late period but light bleeding..very confused!!

Hi all...I had my little 8 moths ago and tbh my periods pretty much went back to normal 6-8 weeks after I had her. I then was put back on the pill and went back to my normal 3 day very heavy period. This month however I seem to be just having very light bleeding only when I wipe..I also had a day (saturday) with absolutely nothing. I was due on on Tuesday and thought I did so put a towel on and the next day there was hardly anything! And it was brown this never happens with me. I have very mild period type pain I guess usually I am crippled in pain with it. I'm very confused as it's also like an egg whiye consistency as well with some red blood almost pink. I read about spotting but it say it only last a couple of days where this has been nearly a week! I keep telling myself I will come on properly today but never do!! So don't know what to think should I test or leave it...really confused advice would be appreciated greatly :) 

Replies

• Wow spell check changed some words lol sorry

• Maybe take a pregnancy test just incase 

• Took one said it was negative so think will wait another week or so to see what happens

• Sounds like a good idea

• Other wise if you taking the pill might be worth going to the doctors just to be sure before you continue taking them 

• Yeah I won't be taking the pill just to be on the safe side. I have a doctors appointment anyway in to weeks...I have completely stopped now there's nothing still mild cramps and my breasts have gotten a little tender now :/ took another clear blue it came on negative aswel so really unsure as to what's happening tbh. I wouldn't necessarily say I've got many pregnancy symptoms tbh only a couple that feel similar to what I had with my little girl...but I know every pregnancy can be different if this is the case. I was only 2 days late with her and it came up strait away so I don't know what to think. I've tried to Google it all but it just keeps saying early pregnancy and stuff imageimage

• I had pregnancy symptoms my first month off the pill which is quite common with hormones changing, could be the same I suppose 

• I haven't come off the pill

• Im on my 7 day break off it as was at the end of my pack and was due on...but I have just had spotting. It's not me coming off the pill I'm still on it. I am supposed to start it again tomorrow

• No, what I was trying to say is maybe it's hormonal problems

• Yes is possibly is...will be making anew appointment I think. Still very confused 

• Just reading your story Sh3. Iv had the same light spotting and I'm also always on time and heavy. Wanted to find out if your pregnant or not. 

• Hey hun...I've taken another test and it was negative so guessing not lol but I'm supposed to be due on in about 3-4 days so will see what happens if not I'm just going to go to the GP and request a blood test as after the spotting I have had nothing what so ever but still could be my body getting back to normal after my little girl was born. Have u had any other signs of pregnancy? Have you taken a test at all? Xx

• Oh ok sorry to hear that...I took a test 2 days ago..Negative. .I'm now 7 days late for AF. And I just feel crampy and today my boobs feel slightly tender. I'm thinking of taking a test in another 2 days . And if I did have implantation bleeding then it would be 6 days from then. 

• Yeah maybe do another in a couple of days and see what happens :) if not maybe take a trip to the docs and explain what's going on to them. It's so confusing when u get negative test results even though there's been no period! It's just not like me to be like that image keep me updated with what happens xxx

• Bought some tests now will test tomorrow. .hopefully get a bfp. If not then Dr. .hopefully we both have some luck this month.

• Yeah I hope :) let me know what happens

• Hey hun any news did u get a positive 

• Got a positive. .then a negative and then on Monday would of been 7 weeks o miscarriagd. .after 2 years with nothing happenin both hubby and I got so excited. .anyways got a bottle of wine and drowned my sorrows 

• Oh my goodness I'm so sorry to hear that hun I really am :( it will happen don't give up trying!!! Try to keep your chin up xx