Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can't take seeing my baby step son when I am unable to concieve

My partner has three children, the youngest is only a year old. I have been diagnosed with PCSO and with that don't ovulate. The past couple of weeks I have been having lots of cramping, spotting and occasional sickness. I think I got my hopes up and thought I might be pregnant, took a test and found out that I'm not. I worry myself thinking that it might be something serious, something that will mean I can't carry children. While that's stuck in my head I'm finding it hard to look after my partners youngest. Because he already has children we do not qualify for IVF on the NHS so would have to find the thousands of pounds it cost to do it ourselves which is completely out of reach. All I want is to conceive and this is killing me.   

Replies

• Options

you can start taking clomid if you have pocs!i have pocs tooo and i started clomid this month to ovulate!but i recomend you to go and see a gynae first and she will prescribe you the dose!the chances to conceive with clomid is very high ! :) goodluck :)xx

• Options

Chrisly Anne is right and at the moment you have no real reason to believe you can't get pregnant.  

Clomid helps.  Some women are prescribed metformin a diabetes drug which can help with pcos issues.  

Maldonado maybe you could look at natural supplements such as Angus cactus.  There are others you will find suggested if you do your research.  

Dont give up. 

• Options

And also*

• Options

Cassanovum plus contain Angus cactus and have other natural ingredients.  

Research as much as you can and take steps no matter how small to get your body in the best position

• Options

Thank you all for your replies. I shall do some more research, think I was just having a very emotional day yesterday and need to vent. Currently waiting for a scan later today as my pains have got worse. 

• Options

it happens to us all, just never give up and research as much as you can.  

• Options

A lot of people including Doctors are still very clueless when it comes to pcos, so you do have to arm yourself with as much knowledge as you can find and fight when you hit brick walls.  

• Options

I completely understand how you feel...I got my hopes up last week and took a pregnancy test..once again it was negative...I'm a preschool teacher and I take care of eleven 18 month olds every day. It is so hard to see these little ones every day and not have one of my own. The parents tell me how amazing I am with them and are constantly asking me why I don't have children of my own...it's a constant reminder and it hurts so bad