Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Should I start taking vit B now?

Hi,

I'm new to this so sorry if this has already been asked and answred before and apoligues in advance that I don't know all the abbreviations.  Sorry for the novel as well.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 2 years. Initially, we were just going with the flow but for the last year we've been checking ovulation days and ttc based on CM and pee sticks and going with that but no luck.  I've a short cycle (22 to 25 days) and just today found out about the luteal phase (I feel silly not learning about this before) and it turns out mine is on average 9 days which I've learnt is far too low!  I have had what I think are chemical pregnancies, no PMT at all, feeling nauseaus all the time etc and the fact they've not come to anything would explain the short LP.  I have taken vit B6 in the past which did lengthen my cycle but it also made me horrifically hormanal so I stopped it after one month (at that point I didn't understand the importance of LP).

I have been to the doctors and have done one progesterone test which was done on day 21 (I'm also pretty sure that was too late in my cycle but I am speaking to the doctor about that tomorrow).  So, I'm thinking I should start taking vit B again (hubby will just have to cope with my moods) but I don't know if I should wait till I've had 3 months of progesterone tests.  I'm pretty sure my doctor will say wait 3 months before starting it but I'm 36yrs old and worry that time is ticking on. Any words of wisdom from you lovely people?