Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When to stop ivf and how to accept that decision

Hi ladies,

I'm 35 and I've been trying to conceive for 3 years, i had 5 failed ivf attempts although the last 2 were grade 1, day 5 blastocysts but still did not work! I feel my body is not willing to carry any babies and I'm emotionally drained and angry. I used to be very enthusiastic and an optimistic person, this experience has totally changed my personality, I'm avoiding everyone and around me because i don't want to answer any questions like " when are we gonna see your baby" "why are you not serious about it? You're growing older etc  And i simply just don't want to share my infertility problems because i would just hate people to hide thier pregancy news from me or always having this empathy look! I'm so angry and i just think it's unfair and i can't help to get that sense of peacefulness and accept the reality of my case! Will it get better?? I just seem to feel worst and I'm feeling angry all tbe time and i can't stop thinking about it for one minute especially that I'm reminded with this situation every single day because babies and children are everywhere!

Replies

• hello Daniii.

What does your doctor say about it? What is the reason your body refuse to carry baby?  Have you tried to go somewhere else, may be privet?

To be honest.. what people tell you about age etc. its so selfish! I hate when people think they have right to tell what to do and when.

All my life I knew I cant get pregnant or carry a baby, I was born without womb. Not so rare condition nowadays unfortunately. My mum was into all kind of reproductive sphere even when I was a child. She used to tell me because I was born special I will have a special way to have my baby born.

I’m a mother of 2 gorgeous twin boys who been born from a surrogate mother in Ukrainian clinic. There is always way out if you want something very much!

I really wish you all the best. If you want you can PM me. I would love to help you or at list support!

xxxx

• Hi, I am sorry to know your story. Have you discussed additional testing with yr doc? Cause of ivf is expensive, have you considered undergoing ivf/ivf with PGD at overseas clinics? PGD might decrease the risk of mcs. If the issue is the quality of eggs and you are open to de, then you might consider undergoing ivf with de. I would encourage you to dig deeper and find out why you can't get pregnant. Here are sources that might help you in yr decision making: eggdonationfriends com and whereivf. com I wish you all the best in the world on your journey xx