Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Chlamydia and complications

Hello ladies,

I just want some words of assurance. I am currently 19 years old. Although the thought of having children is out the picture for a while, I am concerned that I may have ruined my chances of having kids. On June 8 2016, I tested positive for chlamydia. I treated it June 13 and tested negative August 1st and will retest in a month for reinfection. I had no symptoms; the call took me for surprise. I must have had it for 6-9 months. I also tested negative June 2015 so it had to be for less than a year. All was fine but about a month later, I started having some leg pain and back pain. Also headache and nausea, as well as these random stabbing pains in my vaginal area not frequent though. Having had read all the things online of Chlamydia, I quickly assumed PID and began focusing on the pains. I went to my physician and told her everything including the chlamydia and she did a pelvic exam and said all looked well just a little redness, which she gave me a cream for. I still had the pains and decided to see a gynecologist who also did a pelvic exam. He said that if I had pid, I would not be able to stand the pelvic exam but sent me to transvaginal and abdominal ultrasound to check for other possibilities. They were normal. After all this, the pain calmed down and I also started getting random shooting pain in my arms and legs and ribs everywhere! I began to believe that it was all in my head; I do have really bad anxiety. However, I went to an STI clinic august 1st to ensure I was clean and they tested for HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia. They also did a pelvic exam and wet mount. I was told all looked and felt fine but that they would check the wet mount and found a yeast infection! I do still get leg pains though and still can’t stop thinking of the possibility that I may have ruined my chances of having kids, especially after having it for 9 months I believe. I feel that I’ve done all I can to ensure all is well but read some scary pid stories. I am terrified that it turned to pid and that I could have undetected pid and not find out until it’s too late. I am on the pill, however, which I’m hoping helped the chlamydia not cause any problems. I would just love some reassurance; I have no one to talk to about this.