Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need advice

Hi I'm 29 years old and have been diagnosed with pcos since early twenties. I hhave been in a relationship for 8 years and being trying for 3 years now. 

After going to the fertility clinic they said my BMi is very high and need to loose weight before giving me any help. After ggoing back to my doctors and trying different ways, I'm struggling to loose the weight. 

I have spoke  to my sister who has pcos too and she has been given metformin to help with the weight lost and said I should go to gp and ask for metformin. 

I'm looking for support and advice about it all and to hear people's view with their struggles like me

Jbaker

Replies

• Hi.

I recommend you go to a nutritionist. You will have a lot of trouble with weight. Take all the exams you've done.

Keep in mind that you must tell her that you are going to undergo a fertility treatment.

Pcos treatment includes birth control pills, a drug called metformin to prevent diabetes (which causes weight loss), statins to control high cholesterol levels and hormones to increase fertility.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.