Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Is sooner rather than later for getting pregnant the case with PCOS?

Hi there, I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 16 i was put on the pill but after one or two years i stopped as other medical risks involved and i also feel that covering the problem isn’t the answer. I got married last year and i really want to have a baby. Obviously i’m Aware it might take that little longer if at all, but my husband is not ready. I feel I’m pushing for it because i have this idea that its time sensitive and the older i get i wont get pregnant. Can anyone share any feedback on this? And am i less likely to conceive the older i get. I’m 25 now. 

Thanks 

Replies

• Hi, I have PCOS too found out when I was 14, indoor think ave affects it sadly! I am 22 and needed Clomid to fall pregnant last year we sadly lost our little boy and are waiting for a review to start Clomid again, they want you to be trying for about 18months before they start you on treatment, that's the only down side, me and my partner have been trying for about 2 and a half years now

• I meant to write I don't think ave affects it sadly x

• Thank you for your reply. So do you have to see the doctor inform him you have started trying then wait and go back or can you go and say how long you have been trying? In which case i guess the sooner you visit the better? 

• I went to my GP and explained I was trying for a year and a half with no luck, I got referred to gyneavologists straight away as obviously they one PCOS causes fertility problems, all the best to You, hopefully it will happen quick for you xx