Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First month on Clomid - any advice?

Replies

• MrsBeeL they wouldnt tell me my exact number either so I drove to the doctor & begged a little until they told me - I then rang my fertility nurse who told me it showed ovulation.

Lise, my cycle initially wasn’t meant to be tracked so I phoned & arranged the blood tests myself (you need it 7 days after you ovulate). I’m on the NHS with all of this fertility stuff at the moment so I have to be pushy - I found if I don’t ask for things, I don’t get them! 

• That’s crazy - im NHS and am being given all this without pushing. Guess it’s postcode lottery a bit. 

• Oh wow didn't know they could be taken without AF.  At my appointment I asked the consultant if I could have Provera to help induce a period and got told no to wait till it arrives and start on CD2 then. That's handy to know thank you in case I'm in for a long wait again. 

Yes I definitely think it's a post code lottery, I do feel lucky to have the clomid this time though 

• How are you both feeling today? Cd 18, 4dpo and starting to feel a bit more normal today!

• CD28 for me got my hopes up again after feeling sick and tired and did another test Bfn and no AF yet either. Think it must be the time of year and my own mind playing tricks on me. But I'm heading to reflexology tonight to start a course of six treatments see if it helps. Have either of you tried any holistic therapies? 

• I might chop my boobs off - they are agony! AF due tomorrow and cramps are very bad so think it’s on the way. 

Bit over emotional today, the teacher in the class next door told me she was 6 weeks preg after one month of try & i went to the toilet and cried! That sounds awful I know but it’s sooooo frustrating when EVERYONE else is pregnant! 

Lise, have you got any symptoms? 

The thing is, you don’t know how many dpo you are so you could very well still have a chance. 

MrsBeeL, are your Clomid side effects totally gone then? My cramps began about 4dpo 

• All the emotions!

my boobs are still agony but other than that I feel more normal. Bit crampy but nothing to write home about.

I went on a due date calculater last night and put in dates for now if I get my bfp... got due dates and it did the trimesters and aaaahhhh. Took my eyes off the ttc and saw the prize and got all emotional. Won’t do that again!

• No symptoms of pregnancy or AF here :-( I didn't feel cramps etc with the clomid either. When pregnant with my son my boobs killed and looked different I don't have anything like that now. I don't think this has been my lucky month tbh I just want AF now so I can start again if it's not been. 

EmyLou28 tears are always better out than in. It's so hard to take when people are so lucky especially first month. I've learnt with my son though and no offence meant to those that haven't struggled but us ladies on the journey appreciate things so much more I've found, the being pregnant, birth and all the little moments as they grow up I've really treasured them all whereas most friends haven't

• Yeah, I feel more and more determined to not take any second with my children for granted.

• Do either of you have children already? I keep getting the 'you already have one' comments as if I'm not allowed anymore or any help to conceive...so irritating 

• Nope. Trying for our first.

I think it’s ridiculous what people think they have a right to say. 

• Fingers crossed for you EmyLou28 that you get a BFP today :-)

• Did you test EmyLou?

• No we don’t have children already. I have never eveb had a positive on a test So at the moment I’m unsure if it’s even possible!!! Thats what it feels like anyway..! How are you both doing??? Anyone tested??

I tested thismorning - BFN!!

due yesterday but still no sign of AF. My temp dropped thismorning though so I hope it arrives today or tomorrow Then I can start round 2.

Did either of you get told the chances of  conceiving with Clomid? So we must have dtd on the right day/days this month, I defo ovulated one or two eggs and still nothing! I don’t know what else to try?!?

• Yeah there’s still only a certain percentage chance of actually concieving each cycle just like normal... I googled it at one point and thought it was quite low even on chlomid, but at least we have a few months to raise those chances!

• I know it's really really hard but it will happen for you both and I found first time it's true what they say when you switch off and forget about it for a bit that's when it'll happen. That's hard to do though and I'm struggling with switching off at the minute. I'm CD30 now and no BFP or AF here yet to t feel like either are on the way. I'm ready to move on with cycle two though so just a waiting game I guess.  Yes I've read Clomid aims to bring us up to normal chance of conception. 

• Someone on another chat im in has just posted their bfp... Trying to be happy and hopeful. I thought I was getting okay with things but apprently not!

• I've not found it gets any easier until you get your own if I'm honest as horrible as it sounds. 

• Well fx that’s not too far away for me!

• Lise have you tested recently?

AF still isn’t here for me (1 days late & im usually really regular). But like I said BFN thismorn at 12dpo.

ok so it still might take a few goes on Clomid. 

MrsBeeL what dpo are you?