Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

First month on Clomid - any advice?

1293031323335»

Replies

• Congratulations Lise!! that’s amazing. I thought this might be yiur month!!!!

• Thank you in absolute shock can't believe it at all. Done a clear blue dating one this morning and it's saying 2 to 3 weeks which Drs will date at 4 to 5. I just can't believe it 

• CD28 here and on my first round of clomid, praying it works. Only thing I’ve noticed thus far is a bit of nausea and slight achy boobs. I’ve noticed more cm then I usually get but I don’t have to much hope as of right now.

• Congratulations Lise! 

• Thank you Jen, excited, nervous  scared all the feels how are you getting on? 

• I'm good. 28 weeks this week so they are starting to do blood tests to see if I'm going to have the same complications as last time and my placenta is too low so have a scan this week to see if it's moved. Still can't believe it's happening after all this time. 

• Congrats lise thats fantastic news so happy for you xxc

• Thank you Hanna it do nerve wracking bring abroad and so early pregnant. 

Aww good luck Jen hope they all go ok 

• Fingers crossed. Lise87 you will be fine just relax and don't over do it. We were on honeymoon and did white water rafting and snow boarding and other stuff they don't advise when first pregnant as I didn't know at the time I was pregnant with my first. 

• Thanks Jen feel like my sore boobs are barely there now and had some cramps this morning but they went after I went for a wee which was odd. Was terrified I was bleeding or something :-( literally took me ages to get out of bed to check.  Enjoying myself here but would feel less on edge at home. I want this baby so much I'm super worried about losing it 

• I understand how you feel just look after yourself and remember to drink plenty and eat little and oftern and you should be fine, i had cramps early on with my first i worried the whole way through the first 12 weeks x

• Thank you they were quite moderate cramps thats whats frightened me...I'm hoping it's a good sign I'm not bleeding or had any cramping since then.  I feel so so lucky to be pregnant I couldn't bear it if it was gone. 

I had bleeds with my son full on red ones I just can't remember any cramps just niggles 

• Hi lise87 how is everything going? Im currently 1 day late for period had a bfn although i convinced myself i could see a second line the test tweakers had a look and agreed somthing was there couldnt see colour so im guessing it was indent or evap line a little fustrating as both lines came up within the time frame, i will keep you posted but pretty sure im out again this month xxx

• Hi Hanna id try another test in a day or 2.. my first one was quite faint. I'm ok had a private scan Tuesday but they said it was too early as they saw a gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole so I'm back Tuesday for a rescan hoping it'll all be ok 

• Sorry only just seen this, im having a right mare just had bloods results back my tsh levels are 5.67 the doctor didnt seam concerned but a nurse told me tsh levels should be on the lower side of normal if ttc so now im wondering if this could be the reason the clomid has been unsucessfull, how is everything with your pregnancy going lise hope all is well xxx

• Hi I'm really sorry I'm not sure what tsh is. I hope you get some answers though, definitely keep pushing to know either way. As you know Clomid never worked for me so keep positive you found get pregnant without. 

All going ok hopefully I'm 10 weeks today do looking forward to getting a scan date soon. I see the midwife later today 

• Glad everything is going well for you, tsh is thyroid stimulating hormoan, im due on tommrow clomid free month, i dont have a hope in hells chance this month x

• Hi girls, I hope you don’t mind me joining. my h and I have been trying for a baby for 4 years , we had a miscarriage march 2016 and no luck since, we are under the doctors and have both had tests, we found out March this year I have pcos. I have been put on metformin as of March when we found out about the pcos but stil no luck so the doctors now want to put me on Clomid and have told me to have a google before he prescribes it to me this month. I just have so many questions about it, I have googled and from what I can grasp i take Clomid for 5 days between cd3 and cd5 and also have to have a scan to see if I ovulate?? I think 🤔 too?? Sorry it’s just so overwhelmimg. I was wondering if someone could simplify it for me, also I was wondering what the success rate is for Clomid?? We’ve just been trying for so long I’m loosing faith.

baby dust to everyone 

xxx

• Started on Clomid today. So nervous and hope it works so I can finally get my sticky bean 🤞🏻

• Good luck ladies Clomid didn't work for me at all but it has for lots of others. I managed to fall pregnant naturally again fx for you all