Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Could I be infertile?

Hi ladies I am 22 me & my partner have been trying for a baby around 7 months. I have only been ovulating for 4 of these months due to the pill taking a while to get out of system.
I have ovulated 4-5 times but 3 months ago I didn't ovulate at all. (Not sure if I didn't detect it or if it just didn't happen) I have regular periods and can ovulate as I do often but one month my cycle is 32 the next it can be 28. Is this normal? Is any of this signs of infertility ?
Thank you

Replies

• Hey

Your variations are totally normal - anything within 8 days is considered normal. Also 7 months isn't very long considering for 3 months you weren't ovulating. so maybe it's only 4 months then... does that make sense? Also if you're having a period every month the likelihood is you are ovulating even if you don't capture if on an OPK - which btw are very unreliable. Try watching out for more physical symptoms like cervical mucus and pressure in your abdomen! In anycase aim for sex 2-3 times per week. 

Try not to get caught up in the 'infertility' bubble - it's very hard to get back the PMA from there. I know it's easier said than done but try to relax, be confident in that you are ovulating and go from there.

Also you probably are but you should be taking Folic Acid and Vitamin D

Best of luck! xxx