Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Trying to conceive

so I have been trying and trying with my boyfriend to have a kid, and even though we have chlamydia we still try. I had made an appointment for the both of us, and my doctor would not Prescribe us with medication for some odd reason... anyways what can I do??? I had it for about 4 years and my boyfriend had it for 19 months!!! I did not know I had it when we met. 


  • Your doctor will not give you nothing as you have to stop having sex and not have sex for at least 2 weeks I think it is as you both need the tablets and you cant have sex for a while after as you will still just pass it between each other try going back and asking for advice because if you have a baby and have chlamydia it is extremely dangerous for the baby and having chlamydia for a long time can cause infertility in men and woman. I would stop trying and get the medication to clear it up first then try and if no success ask for your fertility levels to be checked as you could of done some damage having it that long 

  • If left untreated, Chlamydia can develop into Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) which can block and scar the fallopian tubes. Not everyone with scarring in the tubes reports a history of PID or pelvic pain with chlamydia. Chlamydia can cause scarring in the fallopian tubes. With scarring, once the egg is released it is unable to move down the fallopian tubes because the scarring has "blocked" them. Therefore they are unable to get to the sperm or the uterus. If you try for 12 months and have not conceived, you can have some testing done. An HSG runs dye through your tubes to see if they are blocked. There tests are only used if you have tried for 12 months without success. As a last resort, you can go to IVF. The egg can be fertilized and then implanted. There is nothing to stop a woman carrying a baby, it is just the fertilization process that has problems. If you experienced Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), there is a 17% change of infertility resultant from Chlamydia. However, even if this happened and it may not have -- surgical alternatives can still improve those odds.

Sign In or Register to comment.