Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Two consecutive faint positives

Hey ladies, I would love your opinions on something. I'm about 12 dpo, I took these tests a few days ago. The top one is 11dpo and the bottom 10dpo, they are both very faint. I have had negatives on other tests, so what should I do? imageimageimage

Replies

• Here's another picture, both lines appeared in the time.image

• There are several explanations for this happening. Simple reason -  you are in the early stage of pregnancy: If you take your home pregnancy test too early in your pregnancy, shortly after missing period, even if hCG is present in your urine, it will not be adequate to bring about a darker line. The first one is relatively expensive and meant for very early detection, the latter one is used for pregnancy test conducted after one week of missed periods. Chemical pregnancy: A chemical pregnancy is a pregnancy in which the woman tests positive for pregnancy, but miscarries before anything can be seen in the uterus on ultrasound. It means that a sperm has fertilized your egg, but later on, the egg fails to survive. Therefore, the only evidence of pregnancy will be the pregnancy test stick detect hCG in urine. Most of the time, the level will be nominal, leaving a faint line on the test stick. Therefore, in fact, a chemical pregnancy is a very early miscarriage.