Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling isolated

Hi. My story so far is ttc for a year with no luck. Sent for bloods and sperm test in next few weeks and fertility clinic week after. 

I just wanted to know if anyone else is feeling the sane as me. Lots of friends had babies in last year and al of a sudden I don’t feel part of this ‘club’. I think it is easier for men to switch off because if they go out with friends it’s rare kids would be there but any time I meet up with friends the kids or babies are there which I love but it just makes me feel really isolated and different from them now. DH is great and so positive and supportive but I just feel so sad x

Replies

• Options

Hello, yes feeling exactly the same, so much so I think I could have writtten this post! We’ve been trying to get pregnant for about 18months. During this time 2 close friends have given birth and 3 of my bridesmaids have fallen pregnant. I’ve found it extremely difficult to not become overwhelmed with sadness and suffer from anxiety and panic when thinking about how easy others seem to find getting pregnant....so please don’t feel alone! I think there must be lots of people feeling like this so thank you for starting this thread! 

We’ve just been referred for IVF....hoping we can get the process underway ASAP. 

Has anyone got any advice on coping strategies?