Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to Conceive with Endo

we have starting trying to conceive as recently been diagnosed with endometriosis, been off the pill for couple months had my first period last week ovulation should be this week sometime. Even though only started recently worried about infertility already anyone else ???   I came off last year for 6 months before I knew I had it and didn’t conceive in that time ether  :(

Replies

• Hi @KB570 How are you doing now.
    I have pcos since 2012 and since last year TTC from April. I was put on metformin last year and this year starting from May i had clomid rounds. After 3 unsuccessful round i was ask for tubal check. Although tubes are fine they are suspecting endo which strange as i don't had any pain during, before periods. so i have few question
    1. Are they going to take surgical option for that?
    2.They were talking about IVF, Do you think it will be helpful.
    Please let me know your thoughts based on your experience
  • Hi there I have pretty severe stage 4 endometriosis and recently got my BFP on my first fresh ivf cycle.  I'm now 6 weeks pregnant. My hubbie has motility issues so the odds were against us.
    Endo is tough when ttc but it's possible to get pregnant. 
  • Hmain1984 said:
    Hi there I have pretty severe stage 4 endometriosis and recently got my BFP on my first fresh ivf cycle.  I'm now 6 weeks pregnant. My hubbie has motility issues so the odds were against us.
    Endo is tough when ttc but it's possible to get pregnant. 
    Hi Hun first of call congratulation. 
    Secondly if you feel comfortable can you please help me with some questions?
    You can pm me as well but really it will be alot helpful.
    1. In my hycosy scan they did mention that tubes are fine but they suspect i might have endo as they saw my left ovary was stuck to uterus. Does it means i can conceive from my right ovary?
    2. Will be asked for lapascropy? How is it done(time and recovery time).
    3.Can i jump to ivf straightaway without endo?

• also can you please share your TTC journey?
  • Hi Kiara

We were ttc since Jan 2017 and had it investigated in July 2017. During a scan they noticed a chocolate cyst which indicated endometriosis se the doctor scheduled me for surgery.  
    I had an laprascopy in Nov 2017 which diagnosed stage 4 endo. Many of my organs like bowel and bladder were stuck to my uterus by endometriosis adhesions and both tubes were partially blocked.
    We decided to do ivf and did a frozen embryo transfer in September 2018 (at this point the endo had returned) this transfer was unsuccessful.
    After that my doctor put me on Decapeptyl for 4 months to further reduce my endometriosis. This worked really well and at the end of August I went for egg collection we got 11 mature eggs but sadly only 3 fertilised and only one made it to day 5 for fresh transfer.  On 01 sep I went for transfer and 13 days later I got a really strong BFP. 
    Just waiting for my heartbeat scan in 2 weeks but all my bloods look good. 

Its been a tough journey but it will be worth it.
  • Thanks alot dear for all this info. So i guess i will be asked for laprascopy for sure. i never thought that TTC can make me to go through a surgical procedure :(
    But its okay if it gives me result at end, i can go through it. At this stage its really a unknown territory for me. I wish you all the luck for your scan.
  • @Hmain1984 How are you doing dear? How did the scan goes?