Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Trying to conceive with PCOS.

Hi, I hope I’m posting this in the right place. I’m new to this so bare with me 🙈. 

Background - I was diagnosed with PCOS a little over a year ago and have been trying to conceive for just over 2 years. I have been to fertility appointments who haven’t found any additional problems (e.g. hcg scan came back clear) and my partners tests were all ok. 
I understand weight is a big factor with PCOS and I have lost 10% of my body weight as recommended and keep trying to loose more. 

The more time goes on the more deflated and useless I feel. Each time I get excited thinking it might be my time then I get a false test 🤦‍♀️

The fertility appointments are far apart and the months in between each one just seem longer and longer. 

I was was wondering if anyone had been through similar experiences and have any advice? 

I have also read online that ovulation sticks don’t always work for women with PCOS. Anyone have any advice on this? 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. x 

Replies

• Hi, 

I have a similar background to you...well done for losing the weight, i am still trying lol

I have conceived with PCOS and have a 3 year old, i am trying for my second.

I had the same thoughts as you, and thought will this ever happen. Only advice i have is stay with it, it will happen.

I gave up the OPK sticks as I felt like it was too much pressure on me, some months i wouldn't get a positive and that would add more pressure to my mindset.

I hope this gives you some reassurance.
  • Thank you for replying :) 
    ive still got a few stone to loose to have a average bmi but still trying. Slimming world has helped. 

Awe congratulations! Did you manage to conceive naturally? 

I have never managed to get a positive On the OPK sticks but I don’t think I’ve used them consistently enough as it’s hard to predict when I will be due on. 

• @Givenup93 keep at it. I was diagnosed with PCOS 20 months ago and started fertility appointments. Like you, they were few and far between and all my tests came back fine except they said it was highly likely I wasn’t ovulating at all (cycles of 50-100 days!). I did OPK sticks and never had a positive, then about a week before my fertility appointment for Clomid prescription I had about 4/5 days of really bad cramping, I did an OPK and it was positive! I didn’t put too much by it thinking it could be false, but we dtd anyway just in case. Got prescribed Clomid for my next cycle, but didn’t end up taking then as it turned out I am pregnant! (5+4 now 🤞) 
    We are calling it our last minute miracle baby! So it can happen! Keep up the faith!
  • Congratulations! Positive stories like yours give me hope 🤞☺️
    Thanks for sharing your story