Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

POLYCYSTIC OVARIES SYNDROME

Hi all,
i’m new to this forum, I’ve joined because I’ve been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries and am at the stage of hospital visits and being tried on different drugs which I’m finding really hard and would benefit from being able to talk to someone who’s been in my position or can relate to my journey? 
I had chlomid and over responded and it thinned my womb lining so I came straight off that, I’m now on letrozole and get scanned in less than a week to see how I’ve responded. I feel I’m suffering from PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder) with all of the medication that I’m taking I just feel awful can anyone help me or give me light at the end of the tunnel to a never ending journey to become a mum I’m really struggling :( it’s been a long 21months. 

Replies

• I also forgot to add I don’t have periods I take medroxyprogesterone to induce a bleed every 35days!
  • hi @AmygraceBeauty I was recently diagnosed with PCOS too but have never been on Clomid. I was given letrozole straight away. i had some weird side effects with it but nothing that i couldn't manage. The first round I took it produced one viable follicle but the IUI didn't work.

I am currently in my 2nd cycle with it and it has stimulated better growth of a viable follicle this month and some other ones but they are too small. I do the IUI tomorrow so FX that works. 

I have had PMDD for the last 4 years and i can empathize with you. The doctor wanted to put me on antidepressants for it but I didn't want that and have found that regular eating well with moderate exercise really helps. 

Just wanted to say hi and let you know if you need anyone to talk to feel free to private message me so that i don't miss it but also to let you know you're not on your own with it xxx