Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Positive stories please!

Hi all, 

I’m reaching my wits end about TTC and feeling really fed up. I’ve been TTC since August of 2017, I’ve had two miscarriages, countless blood tests which have come back with slightly low progesterone, Internal scans that have suspected early polycystic changes (yet no one can tell me what it means and apparently it isn’t PCOS?!) 
I have finally been referred to a gynaecologist and have my first appointment at the end of the month but have no idea what to expect.

Please feel free to share success stories as I’m really starting to feel I’m failing my husband over this (not that he has an issue!) and I’m sick of obsessing over TTC. Please tell me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There’s nothing more I want in life than to be a mummy. 😢

Replies

• I have pcos and I have a one year old. I never thought I'd be able to have a baby. I actually conceived him after 3 months of no periods and it was completely unplanned. I'd given up trying and then I got the best surprise ever. 

I also worked with a woman who only had a few periods a year and she now has 2 sons. 

Honestly, pcos sucks. Fertility problems suck. The planning and counting and waiting and negatives and losses all frickin suck. It gets to the stage where it's not fun to even try anymore. As hard as it is, you need to stop putting so much pressure on yourself. You aren't failing your husband. You aren't failing anyone. 
    It's just one of those crappy things some of us have to go through. 

I hope your appointment goes well and they give you answers. Try and keep your head up. You'll get there in the end. Stay strong and look forward.

• I am so sorry to hear your story and see how distressed you and your hubby are! 😔

me and my hubby tried for over 2 years to no avail. Every month staring at those negative tests broke me. Unfortunately our marriage broke down and we separated. 

I was sleeping with a guy. And we were seeing each other. (I went back in the pill Microgynon 30. But once I ran out I was put on a different one as mine went discontinued) 1 month later I’m staring at a positive pregnancy test. 
    I was in utter shock and disbelief. im now nearly 38 weeks pregnant with a baby girl, doing it alone but I’m so excited. 

Everything happens for a reason in my eyes! You’ve got this! Stay strong, remain positive. The best is yet to come. 

Sending you my baby dust 🥰💗