Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

PCOs and fertility

hello ladies, I’m 26 years old and me and hubby have been TTC the last 2 months... recently I had an pelvic ultrasound done cause 3 months ago my period was 8 days late first time... and was diagnosed with PCOS... I was so upset cause I knew what it was and that I was trying to conceive... my period is regular 28 days for 5 days and for what I know I have been ovulating every month...they told me that I have 25 folls on one ovary and 20 on the other giving my no pills or medication just a check up in 6 months... I have no pain or anything just regular period pain when the days come... I didn’t tell my gp that I am trying to conceive though... has anyone else have pcos and no pain and regular periods??? Should I get a second opinion??? I have been going to GP every year for paps smear and all the other stuff that we do but every time everything was good and clean... I am so upset... 

Replies

• hello ladies, I’m 26 years old and me and hubby have been TTC the last 2 months... recently I had an pelvic ultrasound done cause 3 months ago my period was 8 days late first time... and was diagnosed with PCOS... I was so upset cause I knew what it was and that I was trying to conceive... my period is regular 28 days for 5 days and for what I know I have been ovulating every month...they told me that I have 25 folls on one ovary and 20 on the other giving my no pills or medication just a check up in 6 months... I have no pain or anything just regular period pain when the days come... I didn’t tell my gp that I am trying to conceive though... has anyone else have pcos and no pain and regular periods??? Should I get a second opinion??? I have been going to GP every year for paps smear and all the other stuff that we do but every time everything was good and clean... I am so upset... 

Hello I am pcos diagnosed around 15-20 cysts on each ovary regular periods 
    I came off the pill in June and got a positive yesterday so dont give up hope just try to be as healthy as u can cut out caffeine alcohol fags and eat a good diet try pre pregnancy supliments too 

• Hey hunny
    my doctor put me on metformin to help with ovulation
    i wasn’t ovulating at all
    so
    hopefully this helps
  • Hi. My period is due in 2days (as of yesterday), ive checked pregnancy test and there's faint pink line appears within the time frame. Should i re check in few days ? 
  • xDxyxH said:
    Hi. My period is due in  2days (as of yesterday), ive checked pregnancy test and there's faint pink line appears within the time frame. Should i re check in few days ? 
    They’re looking promising hun! Defo re test in 2 days x
  • I had my period October 30th thru Nov 5th. According to my period tracker my fertility time was Nov 5th-11th and my ovulation date was Nov 10th. I have PCOS so fertility is wonky. My boyfriend lives out of state but we got together on the 13th and 14th of Nov.
    I took a pregnancy test the day before my period was expected got a very faint positive but not in the allotted time frame. I got my period but it was only 2 1/2 which is not normal for me. I had a few clots but nothing like my typical. I took a test today but it was inconclusive (the test line was there but there was a white horizontal line in the control window) after about a hour the white line disappeared and I saw a very faint line but just assumed it was just my eyes. My left breast has been sore and painful to the touch since the 17th of Nov. I woke up looking forward to the smell of turkey cooking but I woke up nauseous instead.
    Any advice will help
  • hello ladies, I’m 26 years old and me and hubby have been TTC the last 2 months... recently I had an pelvic ultrasound done cause 3 months ago my period was 8 days late first time... and was diagnosed with PCOS... I was so upset cause I knew what it was and that I was trying to conceive... my period is regular 28 days for 5 days and for what I know I have been ovulating every month...they told me that I have 25 folls on one ovary and 20 on the other giving my no pills or medication just a check up in 6 months... I have no pain or anything just regular period pain when the days come... I didn’t tell my gp that I am trying to conceive though... has anyone else have pcos and no pain and regular periods??? Should I get a second opinion??? I have been going to GP every year for paps smear and all the other stuff that we do but every time everything was good and clean... I am so upset... 
    i have pcos and pretty regular periods (occassionally a couple days late) so yes it is possible to have PCOS and still have regular periods x
  • I have PCOS and regular periods UNTIL this month. I wasn't really sure what PCOS was until I was diagnosed with it and then started my own research on it. It sucks for me to loose weight or try for more kids. I am so blessed to have the two I have but my ex and I were TTC for my first for 6 years before SURPRISE and then SUPRISE number two 15 months later but I WANT more!!
    My advice to you is....do your research, find an all natural and healthy food plan to stick too. Try hard to cut HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) because it is a chemical it doesn't help with your body imbalances. Track your monthly down to your cervix location, basal temp, and all symptoms. Don't take any meds for PCOS. Do all natural and see how that goes for a few months. Praying for you.