Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Could I be pregnant?

Hi, I have been off the pill since April. Not trying to get pregnant just yet, but soon and so I wanted to give my body a much needed break and a chance to reset. My DH and I have unprotected sex and we use the pull out method (we decided that if an accident happens, it happens... we know the risks). I track my period and ovulation using the Flo app, and 4 days before my ovulation day, we had unprotected sex, and he pulled out like usual. 
This time, something feels different. It’s been a week since we had sex and this week, I’ve been way more tired than usual, I’ve felt broodier than usual, dreaming about babies etc. My vaginal discharge has been more noticeable and I do genuinely feel like there’s some kind of flutter going on down there. I’ve not noticed any bob action yet or nausea. Now, because I’m not trying to conceive, I don’t feel like this is me getting hopes up, in fact, right now is really bad timing for us. My period isn’t due for another 11 days, so it’s SOOO early, but now it’s in my head that something feels different, I thought I’d chance a pregnancy test (I always keep an emergency stock). It’s just a Poundland FirstVue test. The pick does say that if you’re testing early, the line could be faint, but I just can’t make this out!! I’m feeling anxious having to wait another week or so to test again... what are your thoughts based on what I’ve said and the picture? 

Replies

• MrsERW said:
    Hi, I have been off the pill since April. Not trying to get pregnant just yet, but soon and so I wanted to give my body a much needed break and a chance to reset. My DH and I have unprotected sex and we use the pull out method (we decided that if an accident happens, it happens... we know the risks). I track my period and ovulation using the Flo app, and 4 days before my ovulation day, we had unprotected sex, and he pulled out like usual. 
    This time, something feels different. It’s been a week since we had sex and this week, I’ve been way more tired than usual, I’ve felt broodier than usual, dreaming about babies etc. My vaginal discharge has been more noticeable and I do genuinely feel like there’s some kind of flutter going on down there. I’ve not noticed any bob action yet or nausea. Now, because I’m not trying to conceive, I don’t feel like this is me getting hopes up, in fact, right now is really bad timing for us. My period isn’t due for another 11 days, so it’s SOOO early, but now it’s in my head that something feels different, I thought I’d chance a pregnancy test (I always keep an emergency stock). It’s just a Poundland FirstVue test. The pick does say that if you’re testing early, the line could be faint, but I just can’t make this out!! I’m feeling anxious having to wait another week or so to test again... what are your thoughts based on what I’ve said and the picture? 
    *boob!
  • Not doing well with spelling today! Meant *pack 
    here’s the photo from another angle. 
  • Well there certainly a line there, those apps aren’t always for certain about ovulation Its a rough guide really, I think you ovulated sooner than your app said (and sorry about the tmI but you can still get pregnant if he pulls out because of pre cum) ..as I haven’t seen anyone at 7 days past ovulation getting faint lines it’s normally earliest 9-12 days past ov. 
    I would say if you can buy some of the same tests and do another one with first morning urine in 2 days and see if the line is stronger and if so I would say there’s a good chance you are pregnant. Good luck and hope you get the answer you want xx
  • Thank you so much for your response; it was really helpful. It does look positive doesn’t it! I will test again in a couple of days to be more sure. 
  • Your welcome! Let me know how you get on 😀 xx
  • it looks positive to me, have you done another x
  • It looks positive to me too :)
  • It looks positive to me also x
  • The most common early signs and symptoms of pregnancy might include: Missed period. If you're in your childbearing years and a week or more has passed without the start of an expected menstrual cycle, you might be pregnant. However, this symptom can be misleading if you have an irregular menstrual cycle.

• edited Nov 23, 2019 12:50AM
    The most common early signs and symptoms of pregnancy might include: Missed period. http://birthday%20wishes/  If you're in your childbearing years and a week or more has passed without the start of an http://tneb/  expected menstrual cycle, you might be pregnant. However, this symptom can be misleading if you have an http://my%20ip/ irregular menstrual cycle.

week or more has passed without the start of an expected menstrual cycle, you might be pregnant. However, this symptom can be misleading if you have an irregular menstrual cycle.