Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Low progesterone

Looking for a bit of advice on progesterone and trying to conceive.. been told that low progesterone is my issue anyone had/have this issue? Xx

Replies

• Hi. I have that issue. What medical advice have you been given?
  • I am currently waiting on meeting with my consultant again in January so at the moment I’m not sure what they are going to do.
    he did mention about starting tablets but I can’t remember what they was called I’ve already had metformin 
    Have you been given any medical advice? 
  • Hi. Weve just been advised to take Q10 medication and folic acid just now and will be prescribed medication once i fall pregnant. What were your levels and how long have you been trying to conceive? 
  • Ah yes I’m on folic acid anyway due to being anaemic, been trying for a year properly but on and off for 4. My levels were 3 what were yours? 
  • Mine were 4 x
  • Hi Slouise and LM.
    I may be in the same situation as both of you...
    I am new to this site as we have just started our TTC #1 journey. I am 36 and was on Cerazette for approx. 7 years. My last pill was on October 17th 2019 and I had my first bleed 27 days after that with a positive ovulation on CD13. I was feeling very pleased with myself! I have had 2 periods since then, the fisr was 25 days with ovulation on CD21 and the second period was 27 days with ovulation maybe CD23 (I didn't really track/detect ovulation in December). We had decided to TTC from January 2020 so I haven't been too worried up until now. I thought that because Cerazette is a progesterone-only pill that it might take my body a while to start producing progesterone on its own again hence my short luteal phase. I started taking 100mg of Vitamin B6 this month and also plan to incresse my Vitamin C intake as I have read that both, especially Vitamin C can help with luteal phase/progesterone. I would love to know if any other ladies have experienced a very short luteal phase after stopping Cerazette or another POP and, most importantly if it increased within a few months of stopping BC? Baby dust to all. 
  • Fi29 said:
    Hi Slouise and LM.
    I may be in the same situation as both of you...
    I am new to this site as we have just started our TTC #1 journey. I am 36 and was on Cerazette for approx. 7 years. My last pill was on October 17th 2019 and I had my first bleed 27 days after that with a positive ovulation on CD13. I was feeling very pleased with myself! I have had 2 periods since then, the fisr was 25 days with ovulation on CD21 and the second period was 27 days with ovulation maybe CD23 (I didn't really track/detect ovulation in December). We had decided to TTC from January 2020 so I haven't been too worried up until now. I thought that because Cerazette is a progesterone-only pill that it might take my body a while to start producing progesterone on its own again hence my short luteal phase. I started taking 100mg of Vitamin B6 this month and also plan to incresse my Vitamin C intake as I have read that both, especially Vitamin C can help with luteal phase/progesterone. I would love to know if any other ladies have experienced a very short luteal phase after stopping Cerazette or another POP and, most importantly if it increased within a few months of stopping BC? Baby dust to all. 
    * I should clarify that my cycles have been 25 and 27 days, not that my periods have been that long...