Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Bicornuate or septate uterus

Hi ladies
I have been on this forum for quite some time now since 9 months. I recently did an HSG test after 2 failed IUIs (IUI opted for low sperm count). The HSG says tubes are open but I have a bicornuate uterus. Though a sonography I did a few months back said I have a normal uterus infact even gave the measurements of my uterus. I am so depressed with this diagnosis. My gynaec has recommended a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to see what's going on inside and if turns out to be a septate instead of a bicornuate she will surgically remove the septum.
Anyone had any advice for me? Can i still have a child?

Replies

• Hi, I have a unicornuate uterus (effectively half a uterus) we also went through 3 failed cycles of IUI and was about to start IVF but got pregnant naturally after 4 years of trying! Wevhad a healthy daughter back in June. She arrived 4 weeks early but we dont know that that was down just to my uterus because I had other contributing factors, but she was perfectly happy and healthy! Hopefully that gives a little bit of hope for you!
  • MrsD90 said:
    Hi, I have a unicornuate uterus (effectively half a uterus) we also went through 3 failed cycles of IUI and was about to start IVF but got pregnant naturally after 4 years of trying! Wevhad a healthy daughter back in June. She arrived 4 weeks early but we dont know that that was down just to my uterus because I had other contributing factors, but she was perfectly happy and healthy! Hopefully that gives a little bit of hope for you!
    Thanks this give me hope