Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Vitamins and Luteal Phase

Hi guys I'm just looking at some articles online and noticed B6 is known to increase luteal phase - has anyone had any success in this and any other vitamins might help? 

Replies

• It's also suggested that caffeine has a negative effect on vitamin B6 which is vital for formation of corpus luteum... Which produces the progesterone for luteal phase, does anyone suggest a cut in caffeine? 
  • Hi @Coconutfoxx, I came off Cerazette in October and for 2-3 months after that, I had a luteal phase of 4 or 5 days. I started taking 100mgs of Vitamin B6 once per day and ever since then my luteal phase has been 14 days in length. This may have been down to my body taking its time getting used to being off the pill but either way, I am very happy with it. I felt incredibly tired after taking the B6 for the first few days but then after that, I felt fine again. If you have any other questions about it, feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. Good luck 🌈
  • @Fi29 oh that's really helpful thanks! I think it's a mix of too much caffeine and then maybe not absorbing b6/b12 very well