Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Seeking Advice: Not Ovulating on Clomid

Hi all, 

Normally I post in the "Trying to Conceive" forums, but I've been TTC since February 2019 and it is now almost June 2020, so I think I've sort of graduated onto this forum now. In summary, my husband and I have been TTC for 17 or so months, and the only success we have had was a chemical pregnancy that ended at only three and a half weeks last October. My doctor prescribed Clomid for me, but when the lockdown ensued my state suspended fertility treatments so I only just recently had a chance to go on it. I finally took it in May, and my doctor called today and told me I did not ovulate on the medication and we need to meet to discuss other options tomorrow. I knew I was not pregnant because I got my period just before she called, but I was shocked I did not ovulate because I use ClearBlue OPK's and it always detects a surge. I guess I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else, and if so, what advice do you have for me? I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow morning to discuss what's next. I was just so shocked and gutted because it was my first cycle on Clomid and I had hoped it would finally work and that I could finally get pregnant.