Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Question on NTNP

First-time poster here, thanks ladies for this very informative forum! I have learnt a lot from your discussions and am hoping that you have some info for me.

My husband and I have been married since 2012 and weren't super keen on kids - we wanted to settle down, achieve some career goals, buy a house, the works before trying. However, the entire time we were NTNP - if it happens, it happens was our mantra. We never used any birth control pills, or condoms or any other methods. I have super regular periods (34-day cycle), never had any "scares" or wondered if I were pregnant.

Now that we are actively trying to get pregnant (since last month), I can't help but think that there must be something wrong with us. Like how can a couple have sex for 8 years (we went through some stressful times in between with a bus accident, PTSD etc.) and not have an 'accident'? I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to get some bloodwork done and perhaps even some hormone tests, semen analysis for my husband.

From your experience, does it seem normal? Is it possible to go for 8 years without getting pregnant unless something was seemingly not right down there for either one of us. Appreciate your input. TIA!