Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No period since July !?

Hi
has anyone experience with irregular periods ? 
My last period was 30th July . Drs have just told me to wait it out , I’ve had positive ovulation tests and currently 9dpo . Can this happen even tho I’ve not had a period since then ? 
Would be nice to hear everyone else’s experiences with it x 

Replies

• Options
    Sounds like PCOS. Irregular periods are common and for some are completely absent. There is nothing to do but wait unfortunately. If you can be sure when you ovulated then maybe take a test 2 weeks after. It is rare for them to be wrong nowadays. 
    Maybe have a chat with your gp. The long I ever went without a period was about 100 days. But I have a friend who has PCOS and no periods at all. 
    Good luck xxx
  • Options
    Sounds like PCOS. Irregular periods are common and for some are completely absent. There is nothing to do but wait unfortunately. If you can be sure when you ovulated then maybe take a test 2 weeks after. It is rare for them to be wrong nowadays. 
    Maybe have a chat with your gp. The long I ever went without a period was about 100 days. But I have a friend who has PCOS and no periods at all. 
    Good luck xxx
    Thanks for your reply . I have looked in to pcos and the only symptom I have is irregular periods .
    my period finally came 2 days ago and arrived 15dpo after the tests , so guessing the ovulation tests were right and I did ovulate this month with having the positive tests !
    Onto a new cycle , good luck to you xxx 
  • Options
    I also had my last period on 17 July 2020 until now and tested negative for pregnancy so I am confused.