Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

How long does a fertility referral take to be seen for first appointment? (UK)

13»

Replies

• @Lauren1409 hopefully as you've noticed it is early ovulation and you catch it!!
    It went really well, the Dr is sending me an appointment for an USS of my ovaries etc and then an x-ray of my fallopian tubes after thta (something about how theres 2 ways to do this so shes sending me docunents to read through and select!?)
    She said USS usually is within 2/3 wks but because of Covid could be longer but I should get the letter inviting me soon.
    She said we're doing all the right things and she reviewed bloods and semen results and confirmed all look perfectly fine.  She said she hopes I'm one of the referrals that never makes it to the scans/further investigation as we get pregnant in the meantime, but happy to get the ball rolling for us.
    She also said if we go private they can use the results from these investigation,but some will insist on redoing the tests themselves too,so it depends on the clinic etc.
    Xxxx
  • Oh brilliant! Hopefully the appointments come in quick. I know the xray of my ovaries for doing the hsg will be a while as there closed to due covid. Il be asking about medication in my 2nd app which is 12th April. So hopefully they give me something or I am pregnant by then! 
  • @Lauren1409 fingers crossed for you hun!
    Yes she said I need an ultrasound scan and then i need to choose between an xray and something else of my ovaries and fallopian tubes i think,but she needs to send me some paperwork to review...not sure why, did it involve an injection to show them up or something? If so that might explain my need to understand the process fully first....i essentially said whatever you think is best...but she said i have to be the one to decide which out of 2 and the results obtained from them is the same!?  Did you choose the type of scan you had for that bit? 
    I'm hoping now we've found each other and able to chat and progressing along the route of investigations we will both get lucky naturally before intervention!
    Wishing us both truckloads of baby dust!! ❤🤗
    Xxx
  • Hey! No I didn't have to choose anything. They said to be an ultrasound and a hsg to flush my tubes. I didn't know I was getting an mri of my pelvis so I'm assuming I still have the ultrasound. What is it they need you to decide between? I'm just curious, is one to do a tubal flush? That's what I'm getting to see if anything is blocked xx BTW you can pm me and we converse other that if u want