Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice on next steps please

Hi all,

Myself and my husband have been trying for a year. I got pregnant last year but miscarried at 9 weeks.

Since then, I haven't been pregnant. I have had 2 blood tests and an internal and external scan on the NHS, all my results are normal. My husband is awaiting his tests.

I had a free 15 minute consultation with a hollistic fertility therapist who told me some of my hormones are low and that I have gut issues. She made me feel quite low about everything and said a full 2 hour consultation will cost approx £300.

I also received some advice to go the private route and get in touch with a private consultant and have more tests which will cost approx £250.

Others have told me that I just need to be patient, keep trying and wait.

Has anyone been in this position? What is the next best steps? I don't want to waste money, but I am happy to go private if it will help. I just don't know what to do next.

Thanks.

Replies

• Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your story. My recommendation is to undergo the recommended tests and, based on the results, decide on further steps. Some issues can be corrected medically or surgically, while others may require IVF or additional procedures like PGD. It's crucial not to delay, as what can be corrected medically today may require a more advanced approach in a year or so. I hope this helps