Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weight Loss with PCOS

Hi

I am new to this website and have found it very interesting hearing other people stories. How nice it is to know I am not alone! My husband doesn't like me talking to my friends/family about anything to do with our relationship so to find you is great for me!

Anyway - I have PCOS and started taking Clomid yesterday. I am seeing a private consultant as the NHS doctor told me at the hospital that as I am 27 (and have age on my side) that if by the time I am 32 I have not concieved then to come back. My husband is slightly older than me so yes age may be on my side but he doesn't want to be an old Dad.

I have a question - everybody says weight loss will help PCOS but I don't understand why? Why does it help? I have been sooooo good on Weight Watchers this week and haven't lost a pound - it makes me wonder if eating like a rabbit was really worth it? Feeling very upset about it but Husband says it is because I have a period (first one since November) and you always gain weight when you have a period and next week I will see a better result.

Any advice or answers welcome ladies.

Thks

D

Replies