Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Metforim & Clomid- need advice!

Hi all,

I'm new to all of this so thought I'd join to share and get advice.

I have been told I have mild PCOS, after a scan and blood test results. Last AF was Oct 09!

Doctor has started me on Metforim and Clomid together started 2 weeks ago and have felt rubbish! Was told just to start the tablets as no AF! On day 2 of taking tablets I had dark brown blood only spotting and few little blood clots!! What does that mean? only lasted 2 days??

Since then nothing, have had really sharp pains on one side last few days. Took the clomid for 5 days now just carrying on with the Metforim twice a day. The doc has given me 2 months worth of Clomid.

Was told to go for blood tests on day 21 if I had a AF? should I still go as not really had af??

The side affects of the tablets haven't been great but will be so worth it if it works!!

Be great to hear from others going through the same right now, to share advice with!!

Lots of Luck to everyone image xx

Danni

Replies

• Hi Dannilarx,

It's sounds good that they've given you medication to help get you closer to your BFP.

The sharp pins could possibly be ovulation or maybe your ovaries preparing for ovulation. Are you using a fertility monitor or ovulation sticks so you can know for sure if and when you're ovulating.

The day 21 blood tests check to see if the clomid has made you ovulate so I would definitely go so they can see whether it's working or not- they may decide on whether you get any more clomid in the future based on this so it's best to have the blood test and results.

Apparently metoformin can make you feel quite sick and give you an upset tummy and I'd imagine it might be amplified with being on clomid too. Some ladies prefer to take them at night to reduce some of he symptoms. Although it's probably making you feel lousy take it as a sign tat it's doin something with your hormones to get them working and in shape.
    If there's anything you aren't sure of ring your gp so they can make sure verything is right with the way your taking it and your symptoms etc xxx