Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Angus Cactus and PCOS

Hi Girls,

Just wanted to let you ladies know a bit of my storey.

I have been taking Angus Cactus and has lowered by cycles to 42 days whereby i was having 170 odd day cycles, AC seems to work for me, well fingers crossed for this month im currently on CD20, i have all symptoms apart from not being over weight, i have the hairy lips and belly, attractive lol although they are light hairs.

To start with i was taking the tablets one a day for quite a while and nothing seemed to be happening... until i forgot to take them with me on holiday and 2 weeks later i managed to OV, now i do this on purpose i take them for around 2 weeks the stop and then i OV this has happened 3 times now so seems to have got a pattern to it, but it didnt seem to work when i took them continuously.

I am under a Gyne and he know i take these and has not said to stop, well not at the moment, im due my lap and dye on 15 December and if that goes ok and get good results then its on to Clomid then obviously i will stop the AC.

Just thought id share this with other PCOS sufferes, if it helps 1 person then thats better than none xxx

Replies

• hun you are only supposed to take AG for the first 2 weeks and then stop it as it can make you MC! take it for 14 days and then stop, you will see that alone will lower your cycle days to around the 28 day mark and you should ov around cd16-18! hope that helps. xxxx
  • Thanks for that hun, but i already knew that about not taking after OV, when i was taking them for say about 3 weeks i was monitoring to see if i OV'd and i would have stopped but i didnt get + on OPK and i also chart, so i found that taking them for 2 wekes them stopping made me OV 2 weeks after, i have NEVER EVER had 28 day cycle only when on the pill, i have never been regular, i do temp and do opk's so know when i OV and since taking the AC i usually do now around day 28, i was wondering whether ti take them for say only 5 days and stop and see if it makes it even shorter xx

[Modified by: hales0403 on November 10, 2009 09:26 AM]

• not sure wither 5 days would be long enough to help hun but i have to say, only for AG i would never have concieved! i also used opks and bd like mad once i got even a slightly darker line, good luck hun, i hope you get your bfp very soon. xxxx