Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

using a CBFM with PCOS??? does it work?

is anyone in this forum using a CBFM?

I've not been diagnosed with pcos but i'm pretty confident i have it (although perhaps not to the extent that some people do). i've been ttc for 8 months but have only had two af's in that time (cd135 and CD50) - i think i have ov'd because i have been charting temps and there has been a temp rise each time (also turns out I have a 10 day luteal phase - but one problem at time!! )

I have decided to use a CBFM this month to try and give me a better idea of when to catch ov. I delayed the start so i would be more likely to use the sticks over the time when i might ov. so far i had 2 lows and 10 highs- no peak yet.

i was thinking about the different levels of hormones in pcos and i was wondering whether they are going to muck up all the clever prediction things that the CBFM does? any help/knowledge/advice appreciated!

Replies

• Options
    I am using a CBFM, and have borderline PCOS, I have cystie ovaries, but my consultant said that they weren't too bad,after I had my laporoscopy 2 weeks ago.. and luckily I don't have any of the other symptoms.

Anyway, this i my second month using CBFM, the first month I was on Clomid, and got lots of highs but no peaks, but I have a long cycle which i didn't realise. So, the monitor went to lows and started flashes M,M,M before I had even OV'd. I did't OV until CD27-28, as I had it confirmed with blood tests.
    Now, this month I am not taking the Clomid and I have only had low's and highs - today is CD19, so I'm not sure if I will OV later or at all. But I am having blood tests again to check.

That probably hasn't helped, and I have just been waffling on image
    But I am going to perserve with the CBFM, and next month I might trick it and start it later on my cycle rather then CD1 so hopefully it will catch OV, before it starts flashing at me....I'll keep you posted

Love TW xx
  • Options
    Hi Tiny Wife, thanks for your reply. Its sounds like we're in a similar situation.

last cycle I ov'd at day 40 so I decided to trick the CBFM by starting it when I was about cd16 so i had a better chance of catching ov this cycle. i'm still getting highs but no peak (i don't think its missed ov as my temps haven't gone up yet). From what i've heard from other people without pcos who have used CBFM is that its fairly common not to have a peak in the first month while the monitor gets used to you, so i'm a bit less concerned at the minute.

I'm not on clomid but i've been looking into it. my GP is aware that ttc hasn't been straight forward and has said that she will consider referring me earlier for help given the possible pcos. I'm planning to go back and see her in the new year and ask about clomid - i don't know if she can prescribe it or whether I'll need to be seen by a fertility consultant (which I imagine might be a long process! :rollimage

let me know how you're getting on with month 2 of the cbfm. babydust xxx

lb xx
  • Options
    woo hoo! I got my peaks today and yesterday so hopefully CBFM has done its things this month! now onto the 2ww.......:roll: