Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

PCOS: How many of you fell pregnant without fertility drugs?

Replies

• Options

Whilst trying to concieve you should take a multivitamin And folic acid - you can get special prepregnancy ones that contain both.  It's worth researching pcos though as I've read that we pcos sufferers can lack certain vitamins.  

vitex Angus cactus is written about a lot as being a natural remedy that's good for pcos sufferers.  Ive also completed one cycle of cassanovum plus which has good reviews.  Myo-inositol is used a lot in America I believe From what I have read.  

Changing your diet (there is a specific way of eating for pcos sufferers - it's low GI, dairy free (low soya).  A small amount of weight loss can apparently help, apparently as little as 5% of body weight as hard as this can be.  

• Options

Ohhh I do apologise. I thought I'd read you'd been on contraception for many years continuously. Lots of people claim eating and exercise naturally gets things moving I personally take metformin (on prescription) for a couple of months. A baby soon after. The implant for me has to be some of the worse side effects I've ever experienced. I still protest it changed something in me for good. I've never felt the same. Good luck whatever you decide x

• Options

Missy magic, the contraceptive you were on probably masked the fact you have had PCOS all along. Gyn Dr think that when young teens come in with heavy bleeding and cramping that it's normal and most (like I was) are told your too young to have anything seriously wrong. So NO contraceprive did not cause your PCOS it anything it helped regulate your hormon imbalance. At this point now that you know you have PCOS you need to follow a very struck No/Low carb diet and excersize regularly. If your like me you will have to go on fertility meds to help but they are not guaranteed to work. I was diagnosed at age 25 and have been on 13 rounds on injects and ferti mess with no luck I'm now 34 yr old and am look at adoption. I wish you luck. 

• Options

I am  Gemini my birthday is May 31st. I know 2 other people with pcos and it just occurred to me they too are Geminis. A whole new direction but curious to know what star signs you all are?

Xo

• Options

Gemini too

• Options

I am Leo

• Options

Hey Ladies hope u all are well ... just to encourage u guys .... yes u can fall pregnant and reverse themail PCOS like I have . Healthy eating and exercising is the key ... especially if ur slightly over weight . All will be well just enjoy being active with your partner and it will happen .

I'm now in my 3rd trimester just waiting for my little guy to come ... really excited now 

If anyone needs to talk I'm here ... I know the feeling and the frustrations that go along with it ... 

Will continue to keep u all in my prayers ... 

Lots of love 

• Options

Hi, 

Im 23 years old and I've been diagnosed with PCSO for 7 years. I was told by the doctor that i would not be able to have children as I am infertile. I am now 13 weeks pregnant with twins. I had extremely irregular periods not knowing what was gunna happen from one month to the next. I would have a 6 month long non stop period and then not have a period for 6 months. The thing is every person is different, just because the doctors have said something doesnt mean it's set in stone. Anything can happen. 

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• Options

Ohh truly peaceful, I am also a sufferer of PCOD. Got married 17 months ago and since then I am trying taking all medicines but hard luck :( So we have decided not to take up any medicines and leaving the things on Allah. Pls wish and pray for me for baby dust :) 

• Options

can i ask what pill did  you go on please 

i have pcos and my periods have compleatly stopped 

i have tried natrually for a baby and no success 

so willing to try going on the pill just needing to find out what pill it is called 

if that dosent work then i will ve going to the gyni and getting more advice and help but i wabt to try do this on my own i really want a baby so bad i look at the other mums and think if only i had what they have i cry myself to sleep some nights all i want is to be a mum 

• Options

I would speak to the doctor first To find out what your options are you dont want to do more harm than good.  Probably in your situations it's best not to take the contraceptive pill which prevents pregnancy but to take a pill that will start your periods such as provera.  you may also be given Clomid to help with ovulation.  There may be other things you need though such as hsgs and scans.  Your Doctor giving you tests would be the best route so he can pinpoint where the problem is and the solution

• Options

i have had test and scans 

my scan shows that i have pcos and 2 whombs and one kidney 

had bloods done for hcg levels and they came bavk at 0 

my doc said that she was going to put me on a pill but she not given me anything yet and she says that i have to see the gyni again but i told her i want to try get my periods back and ovulation back b4 i go to the gyni as that way there a chance of my getting lucky and becoming a mum with out any treatment as such 

• Options

Hi all,

i am so pleased to have found this thread! I am really hoping for some advice and guidance and I guess also reassurance!

i am 27 and was just yesterday diagnosed with PCOS on one overie. The journey to this diagnosis has been through other ongoing medical issues so therefore not much time with the GP to really discuss the condition, plus it's a lot of information and all you hear is could lead to complicated conceiving. I find my GP very helpful and she did print me off some information which wasn't as helpful and didn't have the answers I was seeking an hour after my appointment! 

Let me jump to it. Last month I was finally diagnosed with extreme B12 difencey. I have just finished my b12 booster course and shall now have one b12 injection every 3 months. We are yet to diagnose the cause of this. She is fairly positive it isn't dietary but more that my body cannot absorb b12. I am on the waiting list to see a consultant re my bowels as I have recently developed bowel issues. 

Alongside this, I am over a year into my second implant. The first 3 years I had very irregular periods. Which I was told is very common and was heaven for me. As a teen I suffered very heavily and painfully. As I say, I'm over a year into my second implant meaning I have been in this form of contraception for 4 years. The past few months I have been suffering from awful bleeds lasting upto three weeks. Stupidly I put this down to either the implant or the fact I was trying to lose weight via slimming world (that's another issue). This lead to my ultra sound And diagnosis. My cervix and womb are fine, I do have thin lining but GP assured me that's the implant. 

As a side note with all my blood tests for above issues in apparently not far off from diabities - can that be a connection to the insulin resistance?

Now, the tougher bit. My partner is a few years younger than me, I forget this because most the time, he's very mature for his age. The baby talk has always been a tough one as he just wasn't ready. We're almost 3 years into our relationship and with me being older I'm obviously more baby orintate. I assume as anyone would you say "oh I can wait a little longer". I think in the back of my mind, as long as it's before im 30! 

I broke the news to him yesterday and actually the feeling I got wasn't much one of support. Whilst I understand he isn't ready and probably feels more pressure now - there doesn't seem to be much flexibility. By the time he says he'll be ready I'll be 34! My heart is broken. "Let's talk about what this means for us". Well, actually yesterday, I felt it should have been about me - not the lifeline and point break of the relationship. Im annoyed! Im frustrated that he gave me the opportunity to just walk away and look for someone else. I left the house this morning without saying a word.

Back to slimming world, I pilled on the pounds the last 2 years and finally joined slimming world and was doing well. I hit a bump in the road and as I was getting ready to get started again I got the diagnosis. I had a quick look at a low GI Diet? This conflicts with slimming world. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

im obviously and sadly nowhere near trying to conceive but I'd like to kick start the steps to helping me. I think that starts with a healthier body.

Any advice is welcomed. Also, any ladies who are trying to conceive or did concieve in their 30s please do get in touch. I was told by the GP not to leave until my 40s....

xxx

• Options

Hi Aprilshowers, 

i am currently going through the initial fertility testing. Doctors have suspected for years I've had pcos because of absent irregular periods and other characteristics.  i don't have any signs of it in the scans they have done but I do have a hormone inbalance (raised testosterone being the main one) which is linked.  They never wanted to do anything about it though until I wanted to concieve.  

I am 30.  Me and my DH 34 have been trying for just over 1 year.  I always suspected ttc wouldn't be easy.  

Previous to my Husband I was in a relationship with a much older man who didn't want anymore children (although when I was about to leave him at a couple of points in the past he made the right noises) in the end I faced up to the fact our relationship wasn't going anywhere he didn't want the same things as me (marriage, children, normal thing you build up together) and actually our relationship was stale and toxic. When we first met I was young, children were the furthest thing from my mind and I thought I didn't want any in the future, this changed as I got older and as much as I tried to suppress  I eventually had to deal with it as it was destroying me much the same it would of him to go through something he didn't want.  

we are in a world of wonderful modern medicine and where women sucessfulllly conceive later.  There is also that your Eggs can be frozen. 

low GI is said to be best for PCOS and it has been said Gluten and Diary are not so good.  If you have insulin resistance you might find the Metformin drug might help all areas - research this and speak with your Doctor.  It's best to do your research.  There are books out there about pcos and diet.  There are various websites and Facebook pages that can alm help.  

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Options

hello im currently 21 years old and got pcso confirmed two years ago after finding a lump on the bottom right hand side of my stomach after been reffered to the hospital for an ultrasound scan the doctor confirmed i had indeed got pcso and also the woman who conducted the scan had real problems trying to find my right ovary she couldnt see it on the scan and there for had to conduct another scan with a probe that went internally. after discovering i had pcso and been told that it wouldbe harder for me to become pregnant i was so worried and upset that i wouldnt be able to get pregnant and me and my partner tried for a year without any success so we went back to the doctors and explained that we had been trying for a year with no luck to which the response i got was go away and try for another six months and come back wen i  spoke to a friend of mine who was also diagnosed with the same as me she was suprised how i wasnt offered any treatment by the doctor its now been way past the six month mark and still no luck thank god i can now report that my periods are regular as clockwork so im hoping now if i change my diet and start taking more vitamins that we should concieve. i am going back to the doctors next week with my partner to discuss with our options hopefully it shouldnt be long now before me and my now fiancee (wasnt engaged back then) have our own bundle of joy it would make our family unit complete this would be our first child for both of us does anyone have any tips on how you became pregnant withouthaving to use fertility drugs or go to a clinic for ivf treatment thank you much appreciated as it is a big concern for me xxx

• Options

Hi, i have been diagnosed with PCOS recently, i am always tired and depressed. Is it normal? I have also been spotting since 05/09/2016,brownish discharge/fluid(more like a menstrual but light brown in color and the color keeps on changing, sometimes its darker). Is it also because of PCSO, and if so, is it supposed to take this long because its been a week and days now. I am really worried and now thinking its something else even though my gynae assured me its because of hormonal imbalance and gave me Diane 35 to start it when my cycle starts(1st day of my menses), of which i am not even sure whether it will come because of this spotting. I am expecting my period tomorrow (16/09/2016)and just keeping my fingers crossed that it comes, but i have never missed my period before. my cycle is 25 days.

I am also experiencing a feeling of downward pressure on my cervic.

KINDLY assist

• Options

is there a chance you could be pregnant already? Have you taken a pregnancy test to be sure? If not then take one before starting the pill (try a sensitive test like a first response)

• Options

@Meme210, i feel there is no way i could be pregnant because  i have not had  sex since my last period(23/08/2016), and i did HSG scan on the 31/08/2016, i believe  it could have picked the  pregnancy. or is it possible for it to miss it? But i will  do a pregnancy test today just to be sure and put my mind at ease. Thanks a lot for the advice