Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Just been diagnosed...

Hello Ladies, My name is Megs. I'm 25 years old and have been on BE for about 2 years on and off. Today i have been diagnosed with PCOS. I'm finding this very hard to deal with and need some more information about it if possible (i know i could look it up but hearing it from ladies going through it is muh better and honest) I'm very upset that i may never get pregnant again. Hello to everyone xx

Replies

• Hi Minimonkey!

I am under the PCOS umbrella now too. I have had it for years, i know i have, although with just recently being treated at the fertility clinic it has just come to light 'professionally' even though previous doctor tests were all clear.

All i can say is, there is still a chance of you conceiving, so don't give up hope. You will probably be prescribed something from your GP or fertility clinic to help you along the way.

You will find a lot of support, advice and help from the ladies here, so don't feel alone, because you aren't.

Good Luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi Megs.

Sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with PCOS, I know it's a horrible thing to hear. I'm 26 and was diagnosed in Oct this year after months of TTC and have my first consultant appt in Jan.

I just wanted to say that was v.upset when I found out but it's really helped me to visit this website and pretty much ignore alot of what I read on the internet - it's just too scary! You have to think positive and the only way I've been able to keep my chin up is by thinking that there are lots of treatments available to us ladies with PCOS but there are also so many stories of ladies getting pregnant on their own. Just keep trying and speak with your doctor about what the next step will be for you. I had a series of blood tests and scans, which I'm assuming you've had if you've been diagnosed, and my hubby had to have SA.

I've started to track my basel temp as recommended by the doctors and make a diary of any "symptoms" of PCOS (not sure if they're different for everyone but I've noted any discomfort or pains) as well as date of AF if you have one.

Wish I could give you some comforting words to make you feel better, all I can say like Tiny T, is that you're not alone and there are lots of ladies here to help and support you through this.

xx