Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Waiting for AF

Morning ladies,

I have been waiting for an operation on my leg before properly ttc #2, DS is 8 months next week. My doctor told me that as soon as i was ready to go see him and he'll give me Clomid as it was very unlikely i would get preg without as i have PCOS and needed it for DS.

I have a cycle of clomid in my cupboard so i am just waiting for AF to come now. I have had 2 afs since giving birth it was about a 35 day cycle so i'm hoping i get another one. When i came off pill 3 years ago i only had 1 af in 18 months so things are looking good!! I didnt ov last cycle tho as i used my fertility moniot and no luck.
I am on about cd 30 now so fingers crossed it comes soon. I really want to crack on!

Sxx

Replies

• Options
    It is terrible waiting for soemthing that never seems to arrive when you want it but always appears when you dont. I am waiting for mine to start again. Oskar is almost 6months old now and we cant start trying until they appear. My PCOS means that my hormone levels drop too low when I am bf which means my body just stops as I am still bf I know that af probably wont appear anytime soon which means like you I cant start back on the drugs. I cant wait to go back on metformin as it helped regulate (and helped me lose weight!!!) and I also have a cycle of clomid left from last time.
    Fingers crossed af arrives for you soon so you can get started.
    I keep hoping mine will appear by magic but no such luck
  • Options
    Hi AAOM ,
    My AFs were non existant from when i came off the pill to getting my BFP with DS. Out of the blue i've had 2 AFs since having DS (but no oV) image I'm hoping i get another one but we'll see! cd 33 now.
    Sx
  • Options
    my af when they eventually started after alfie was born (8months) were more consistent - the consultant said being pg had kickstarted my hormones for a bit and to make use of the surge while it lasted! obviously isnt going to happen this time
    lets hope you get another soon!
  • Options
    SLOW - you cheeky monkey! Didn't know you had creeped back over to the TTC side! Hope your af arrives soon.

I have ov'd naturally once since having Beth - it was about a 9 week cycle so pretty good for me! We aren't planning on TTC again for quite a while but it's reassuring that my body can do it sometimes! I still have 2 cycles of clomid left anyway and they are in date for ages so will use them if I need to.

If af hasn't arrived in a few more weeks do you think your gp would give you some provera? Also you might have ov'd last cycle but just missed the LH surge as sometimes it only lasts a few hours. Be fabby if you did ov yourself!

• Options
    Hey BabyB!!
    Yep, we're mad i know but thought we'd give ttc a go for #2!!
    Yeah i think the doctore will give me provera if i need it although i have a feeling it might be on its way soon as i've gone really spotty like i did last month.
    Fingers crossed she comes soon and i do ov naturally, will see what happens.
    Sx