Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Ovulation Monitor

I have bought a Clear Blue Digital Ovulation Monitor. Can anyone with PCOS tell me if they have used this and how it went?

I have read the booklet that comes with it and it basically tells me it's no use to someone with PCOS! Grrr!

[Modified by: xShoeGalx on 24 May 2010 15:42:39 ]

Replies

• Use it Use it Use it!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have PCOS and have had treatment before including clomid, metformin and ovarian drilling with no luck!!
    Bought a CBFM and by the third month of using it i was preggers, it worked for me, it can take a few months for the monitor to get used to your cycles but bear with it, it's worth a try isn't it?
    Good luck x

GA
    24+2 x x
  • Thank you for a fabby reply! Lots of luck to you & your bump image
  • Fantastic and congrats!

I am on day 12 and have so far (including today) had 4 days where the monitor has shown 2 bars. I'm just hoping that the elusive 3 bars aka "do it now!" shows up soon...
  • I dont have a CB monitor but have a Persona monitor and the month i used it got preg, i have PCOS and was on Clomid but it meant i knew exactly when i ov. My LO is now 7 months old. GOOD LUCK xx
  • I am just hoping that I do ovulate naturally at some point. I am on my 5th day of showing as 2 bars on my monitor, this can't be right, my hormones must be messed up?

The positive stories are great. Just hope this monitor works out for me.
  • Hi girls,
    Can I just ask those that used the CBFM and got pg with PCOS if you had more highs than they say you'll get or no peaks? This is my second month using it and I get highs from CD6 until the end of my cycle?! No peaks or lows!
    I've not been diagnosed with PCOS but someone pointed out on another forum it might be a possibility?
  • princessmimi i dont have pcos but i do have single cyst on my left ovary (which has reoccured for last three years - had it removed last aug and now come back) and also endo but i have still been getting highs and peaks - it does sound like that perhaps your monitor is poorly. It will def be worth temping though so you know when you have definatley ov'd. I started this along side my monitor last month and it really put my mind at rest that i am actually oving cos the monitors can tell you you have but you may not actually ov - only temps can show that for sure.
    xx