Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

signs off polycystic ovary syndrome

We have been trying to conceieve for over a year now.. i have been to the doctors and they refered me for scans and blood tests. my ultra scan can be fine and i have also had the dye in ur tubes... that also came back fine. i have no cysts on my overies (so i was told) and im not overweight. my bmi is in range, the only problem was my bloods came back i wasnt ovulating so iv been diagonsed with polysystic ovaries... but surely i would need some the other symtems as well?? :\?
i would be grateful if anyone knows any info on this...

Sam x

Replies

• Hi Dolly,

I didn't want to read and run, but I am afraid I can't be of much help as I am fairly new to all this PCOS stuff! I think you can have PCOS without cysts if you are insulin resistant and have the dodgy hormone levels - I assume that your hormone levels wern't right and that's how they could tell you didn't ovulate - did they test for your blood sugar level?

PCOS is one of those things that is different for everyone, some people have a whole range of severe symptoms and some people have only mild symptoms or maybe only one symptom like in your case. At least now the doc can prescribe you medication to help you ovulate and hopefully you are a step closer to your BFP xx
  • Hi dolly

It is possible as far as I am aware. I had the cysts and the rest but none of the other symptoms.. you need to start on the meds your doc will prescribe..

However, don't worry - I got diagnosed in July last year and now have a 3 week old baby girl so it is possible to get pg if you have this. I got pregnant 2 weeks after being diagnosed so the drugs I was put on didn't even get time to work properly. I used the ovulation sticks and made sure that we did the deed when they said and hey presto, the first week of using them it worked! So what I am saying is take it each step at a time

HTH