Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

metformin and clomid

well this is my 4th day of taking metformin. 1 tablet a day (500mg) have to take that for 3 days if no side affects then up the dose to 2 tablets a day for 3 days if no side affects again then up it to 3 tablets a day and have to stay there. No side affects yet if i do get them then i have to stay on that dose till the side affects go then have to wait till 3 days clear of side affects. So i will end on 1,500mg.

I am on 2 tablets today no side affects yet i will know when i have my 2nd dose

not started clomid till my next Af turns up then have to take it through days 2-6 of cycle and its 50 mg 1 tablet a day

Replies

• I am exactly the same. I am on day 30 of taking Metformin and i am on 3 tablets a day.
    I had really bad side effects within the first week, nausea and bad tummy. I couldnt eat anything without feeling pants after but i would say a week after i felt fine.
    The only thing i have now really with it, is sometimes if i eat a really heavy meal and take the tablet then the tummy and sickness returns.

I have to take clomid within 2-6 of my AF, but i am confused as to how long i take it for?

Has your Dr given you a time frame of how long they think these drugs might work for you?

.x.
  • well as yet i only get headaches but thats cool on metformin

clomid i have to take between day2 to day 6 which is 5 days and you only take one inless doctor has told you other wise on time frame none as she said she will keep me on them till i get PG as she does not think IVF or all that is worth it as i have 2 children all ready

any more questions i will try to help i am not on clomid at the min as i have not had AF

what dose are you on? i am on 50mg
  • oh yeah what did you have for breakfast