Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

probably a silly question...

I am currently pregnant but was diagnosed with pcos before i fell pregnant naturally and was actually waiting for af to arrive to start Metformin, my question is this... after i have this baby i wouldnt want to go back to irrigular cycles and waiting for af to turn up, i cant take the pill as i take sevear migraines so anything like that is out the window, i wanted to know can i request my metformin after the birth to regulate my cycles and to reduce the pcos symptoms? i have said i dont want anymore kids after this one [i already have a daughter] but i said that after her too! LOL i dont want to have to go through another 17 months of TTC if i do decided to go for another baby, sorry this is very long winded but i was just wondering what they will do? x

Replies

• Hi hun,

I was diagnosed with PCOS aged 20 but was not given any treatment as I was considered "too young" (I wont get into this one!!!) I fell pg at 25 after about 16/17 months of trying. I did used to only have about 2 AF's a year but since having LO, who is now 9 months, I have had AF every month. So you may find that after having baby your cycle corrects itself also?

Hope all goes ok
    xx
  • Mine went back to normal after havimg my DS however it didnt last for me, I think they were regular for about 6-9 months and then they stopped again.
    Im not sure what the doc will do, its certainly worth asking about metformin
  • thanks for the replys ladies but i already have a daughter and af never returned to normal after her, lucky if i had af every 50 odd days, not sure what to do, might ask gp once LO is born as i do want regular af without pill as i cant take it. thanks for your replys anyway. xxx
  • mine never returned to normal. with dd1 i was on the injection and then the combined pill so im not sure how things would have gone if it had all been natural. when i came off the pill to ttc dd2 i didnt have a period at all, i got pregnant after 6 months with no af. after dd2 i ddint have af for 13 months and now they are any thing between 14 and 50 days, so pretty rgular for me, actualy i think this is the most regular i have ever been! xx